Congratulations you are turning 65! It is time to consider if you will go on Medicare or delay it and keep working. Here are questions I would like you to consider
1. Will you enroll in Medicare when you turn age 65 or will you delay because you work for a major employer that will continue to provide your health insurance.
2. Are you comfortable having a network of doctors and hospitals or do you want the freedom to choose any doctor or any hospital?
3. Do you prefer a plan with high premiums that pays 100% for your care or are you comfortable with a plan with co-payments every time you use it?
4. Are you on a tight budget in retirement or can you easily afford $200-$300 per month for health insurance?
5. Are you taking generic medications or several brand names?
6. Are Dental, Vision, Hearing Aid benefits and a Gym membership important to you?
7. Are you the stay at home type, maybe take short vacations, or do you intend to be a snowbird?
8. Do you go to your doctor only once or twice a year or more frequently for ongoing health issues?
9. Is a plan that provides a quarterly allowance for Over the Counter items like vitamins, adult diapers and allergy medicine important to you?
10. Are you a do it yourself type or would you prefer working with a professional?
Image Courtesy of publicdomainpictures.net and Mohamed Mahmoud Hassan